Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Welcome Spring

Yesterday was the first day of spring, and it couldn't come soon enough. The days are getting longer, the sun seems to be out more and more each day (way to burst through the Scottish clouds, sun!), and the temperature seems to be creeping ever so slightly up. Today I was even a bit warm in my fleece. Tomorrow I may, gasp and astound, just wear a sweater. Love it.

And to welcome spring, there was a bonfire on the castle sands last night. A good chance to sit, chat with friends, welcome in the new season, and check out the awesome supermoon that was hanging over the horizon (because Astronomy is great, I don't care if that does make me a space geek).

It also gave everyone a chance to chuckle at me because no one realized just how much of a space geek I am. Yes, I had to point out the supermoon whenever anyone mentioned how big it seemed tonight. Of course, they also had a moment of 'how do the tides work?' since we were sitting on the beach. With me trying to bite my tongue, because they don't want the lecture -- until Rachel rolls her eyes and goes 'alright... Rebecca, how do tides work?' Again, not my fault I know thing *lol*

My epitaph will read "Rebecca... she knew things."

The pictures are dark, but then it was the middle of the night.


The moon coming up over St Andrews from the castle sands


The bonfire that brave souls were jumping over to cleanse negativity from the winter and start spring fresh


Me and Rachel chilling on the beach

2 comments:

  1. Hello Rebecca! Your post brought back memories of cold nights in the army. I used to talk constantly about stars and constellations, but my friends were totally indifferent! So, don't be discouraged, you're not alone! One day they will understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vasilis -- One day! I will take comfort in the knowledge that they don't know the awesomeness what they are missing. The universe is vast and deserving of appreciation :)

    ReplyDelete