Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Walk In The Woods

It was another gorgeous day today -- really, I can see why people want to visit Scotland in the spring. If this is how it is now, I can only imagine it when May and June roll around. It's getting warmer, and it's finally sunnier. I never realized how much of an impact on mood and disposition the lack of sunlight has until I moved here. I have my room set up so that my bed faces the window to take full advantage of the burst of sunlight in the morning.

I may regret that once sunrise gets any earlier, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

After class today, and after lugging maybe 20 books from the library for my paper due this Friday, I needed some of that sunshine. The Lade Braes walk was so pretty when I last went on it that I figured I could take one of the side roads and see where they led.

So, I tried the Viaduct Walk off of the main Lade Braes trail, which was a lot shorter than I thought that it would be, leading as a cut off to The Cannongate, which is one of the roads here in St Andrews (which apparently also is the home of the St Andrews Botanical Gardens -- did not know we had botanical gardens. This must be investigated on another sunny day, as when I walked past it was already after 5pm). I figured, might as well walk down the road until I get to the point where I need to turn back and head home to beat sunset.

Ended up at Spinkie Den, which is at a cross with the Lade Braes walk, so I figured I might as well turn and just go back down the Lade Braes walk since it was such a gorgeous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment