Friday, December 3, 2010

A Very Tesco Snowstorm

It's refreshing to know that some things don't change, no matter where you are.

The snow is still coming down, and yesterday there was some speculation of difficulty getting both the post and groceries up into Scotland because of the snow and ice and apparently the fact that the salt for the road hasn't come in yet.

Really, people? You saw this coming miles away. But that's another story.

Anyway, so with it still miserable, and it still cold, and now people wondering if the markets will get a refresh, what happens?

Rush on the Tesco!

I walk in, and what's missing? Most of the bread, milk, beer, and...



...toilet paper.

It's comforting to know that there are some things exactly like home.

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog while I was blog surfing when I should have been writing a graduate level critical analysis on Shakespeare.

    Anyways, I love the blog! What are you studying in grad school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @nessabirdie: I'm glad you like it! I'm studying International Political Theory. Aka, I read a lot and seminars basically consist of yelling and telling each other that they're wrong, wrong wrong.

    ReplyDelete